10.25.2007

A Painting A Day

I haven't posted here in a while. I have been busy getting my blog set up and running. I decided to join the ranks of artists who are doing daily painting blogs.
My new blog, "A Critter A Day" will show my daily efforts to create small works that will be available for sale.

When I first started this blog it was for the sole purpose of keeping me motivated and to keep me sketching and drawing as a means of being in constant communon with my art and to help me begin to express myself creativly. I didn't think I would have much time to dedicate to art so it was simply a sketching blog to show work I would do either in my free time or while away on vacation or camping. It take long for me to begin to muse about picking up a brush agian and begin painting. And I did. Now I cant stop. I have produced more paintings over this past year than I have my entire life previously. I have no intention of stopping. It is becoming a part of me. Something I NEED to do. Like breathing. I have no intention of quitting this blog although I will not be posting as often. I will be focusing my efforts on creating daily paintings and posting them on A Critter A Day. This effort will be a great excerise for me not only in disipline but a way to hone my craft and become a better painter. Until I post agin, visit my new blog "A Critter A Day" and check out what my daily efforts will yield.

No comments: