1.18.2008

I am done blocking in the light color family. So now I will mix up my dark color family. I will actually only mix up on more color for this. I will use this as a base and modify it with my existing mixes for the different areas of the shadow side of the body. Pus I already have my darkest dark, the black mix form the stripes. If you look at my pallete you can see that I now have five color piles.

I added a pile of Portlasnd grey to use for my dark family colors. this mixed with Ultramarine blue, Alizarin Crimson and a touch of Yellow will be used for the shadow side of the body and as the base for the background.



Next I start to block-in the shadow areas on the right side of Sampson's body. Using the mix I made I aded a little of the red color for the outside of the back leg and blocked in the rest by adding a little white to lighten, or my black mixture to darked.



To finish the block-in I covered the rest of the surface with the cool grey and then wiped it out with a paper towel.

The finshed Block-In:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.