1.18.2008

Sampson WIP (work in progress)


I had a few projects a work that kept me over the past few days. As a result Sampson has been sitting on my easel waiting. That work thing sure is inconvenient. I was finally able to get back at it last night.

It is time to start working on the body of the tiger. I start by mixing up all of my "light family" colors. I mixed up a pile of warm orange/red color using Cadnium Orange as the base, adding Alizarin Crimson to deepen the red, Ultramarine Blue and a touch of Cadmium Yellow. Next I mixed the middle tone of the body using Titanium White as a base. I added Cadnium Yellow and a little of the red/orange mixture. For the white of the face and body I used titanium white and a touch of the "black" mix I used for the stripes. My black mix is a cool black that leans towards blue. This will help the white be in harmony with background color which I will mix later.

Here I have painted in what I call the "darkest" of the light family colors. The red/orange mix.

No comments: